At a recent Board of Directors meeting, GRW elected five new vice presidents to help guide the growth of the company. These individuals include:
- Patrick Baisden, PE, LEED AP, BD+C, RCDD, has more than 26 years of experience, including 14 with GRW. As one of GRW’s electrical engineers, he has accumulated a wide variety of project experience for clients ranging from the Federal Bureau of Prisons and Bowling Green Municipal Utilities to the cities of Versailles and Nicholasville, and the WV Air National Guard. As an RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer), he’s qualified to provide specialized services that federal clients need to meet Physical Security Resiliency Design Manual requirements, primarily associated with the design of Electronic Security Systems. So far, his RCDD services have been requested for at least a dozen VA Medical Center projects.
- Fred Brown has 26 years of experience as a CADD designer for Chapman Technical Group, including 21 years as CADD Manager. In this role, Fred not only manages all CTG’s CADD technicians, but he also ensures our plans have a high-quality, professional appearance. Fred has been involved with hundreds of projects in his career at CTG and has a very diverse background. His engineering projects include highways, airports, water/wastewater/stormwater, site development, and recreation projects. A few projects that stand out include several multi-mile roadway projects (Route 10, Corridor H, etc.), the Elkins Water Treatment Plant, Canaan Valley Resort State Park improvements, several fish hatcheries, among many others.
- Todd Cantrell, PE, has more than 19 years of experience, including 17 with GRW. Like GRW’s other electrical engineers, he has accumulated a wide variety of project experience. His resume includes clients ranging from Henry Clay High School and Pulaski County Schools to the Federal Bureau of Prisons to the award-winning Frankfort Plant Board administration building and headend communications facility. He's worked on major water resources projects for Louisville MSD, LFUCG, Elkton, and Harrodsburg, Kentucky; the Bluefield Sanitary Board in West Virginia; TriCo Regional Sewer Utility and Columbus City Utilities in Indiana, as well as Jonesborough, Tennessee, and many others. Todd’s also been called on to assist a few commercial clients (Orange Theory, Hamburg Pavilion Village Shoppes, Aichi Forge USA, etc.)
- Josh Flanery, PE, has more than 13 years of experience, all with GRW. In addition to 150+ project assignments at GRW, Josh maintains multiple National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) certifications PACP, MACP, and LACP. He’s also a 2019 Graduate of the AWWA/Clean Water Professionals – Water Professionals Leadership Academy and a CWP Membership Committee Co-Chair. Among his numerous water resources projects, he's completed projects for Louisville Water, BGMU, EKPC, SD1, Bluefield (WV) Sanitary Board, Elkton (he recently served as Project Manager for the City's WWTP improvements project), LFUCG, Versailles, and Hodgenville, as well as a drainage/stormwater management project for the Belmont Park (one of GRW’s equine sector clients) in New York.
- John Slugantz, PLS, has more than 42 years of experience, including 39 with GRW. As a senior highway engineer, John has worked on more than 50 roadway assignments, many with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. A few memorable transportation projects: the Rose Street Connector in Lexington, the Georgetown (KY) Bypass, and the multiphase US 27 corridor in Pulaski and Garrard counties. He also worked on the McCreary Co Federal Penitentiary, Gainsboro Farm new roads and barn layout, and the Multi-Purpose M1 Tank Range for Fort Knox. John accomplished a surprising thing several years after he started at GRW in 1984. At that time, drawings were still being done with ink and mylar. Then, a new computer system arrived. To help mitigate a few cumbersome aspects of the new system, John developed, installed and administrated the first GRW computer network.
We congratulate and welcome these new leaders who will help with the continued success of our firm.