Chapman Technical Group, a division of GRW, provided master planning and design services for a new rock climbing park in Tucker County/Davis, WV.
The Tucker Boulder Park is situated at the southeast corner of the Davis Ball Park and will have three manufactured climbing boulders with interchangeable hand grips for route re-setting.
Two boulders, one around 400 SF and the other around 1,300 SF, have been installed. Funding raising is underway for the third, 700 SF boulder.
Chapman Technical Group team members completed the design for the foundation and site, as well as site renderings and overall park design.
The Tucker Boulder Park is a public park and has the following features:
- Three custom-designed artificial boulders, with routes catering to all ages and skill levels.
- Adaptive features for challenged climbers
- A small boulder designed for young climbers
- Two larger boulders for novices and experts
- Ground covered with rubberized mulch to allow for soft landings
Spearheaded by the Tucker Community Foundation, funding for the overall project has come from multiple sources including but not limited to Dominion Foundation, a WV Department of Transportation Recreational Trail grant, grants from the Land and Water Conservation Fund, Tucker County Parks and Recreation, Oakland Foundation, and community donors.